Maize is food for all.
- To achieve self sufficiency in maize for Nigeria in terms of Availability, Accessibility and Affordability.
- To enhance competitiveness of maize for economic emancipation and well being of Nigerians.
- To be the lead commodity Association using evidence based results to improve productivity.
- Generate profitable linkages among maize value-chain actors.
- Partner with policy makers for transformation impact in the maize sub-sector.
- Increase yield per hectare and reduce land area put to maize cultivation.
- Improve knowledge base of maize farmer in Agronomic best practices for maximum returns on investment.
- Uplift maize farmers to business partners.
- Honesty, integrity and transparency.
- Loyalty and Commitment to public/private partnership.
- Hard work (deligency).
MAAN MEMBERS ARE:
- Maize researchers
- Service Providers (Extension, mechanization, monitoring and aggregation)
- Maize Producers – (Farmers)
- Seed Companies
- Chemical Companies
- Maize consumers i.e Poultry farmers
- Cattle, sheep, Goat farmers
- Millers food
- Feed Millers
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Maize merchants
- Promotion of Maize research, production, extension and utilization in Nigeria through moral and financial assistance to complement Government efforts.
- Promotion of Local and International marketing of surplus maize for local use and to earn foreign exchange for Nigeria.
- Strengthening the existing link among maize Researchers, Producers and Consumers for mutual benefit for all members.
- Advising Government on policy issues as it affects maize in Nigeria.
- Promote cooperation among maize value chain actors.
- Assist maize producers in timely and adequate supply of inputs (seed, fertilizer, Agro chemicals etc.) as cheaply as possible.
- Cooperate with all public and private sector agencies in all matters relating to maize.
- The Association shall assist maize users(feed mills, flour mills, breweries, pharmaceuticals etc.) in sourcing for competitive maize in Nigeria.
- To purchase, take or lease or in exchange hire or otherwise acquire any real or personal property and any rights or privileges in any part of the World which the Association may deem necessary or convenient for the promotion of its objectives and to construct, maintain and alter any buildings or erections necessary, convenient or fitted for the work of the Association.
- To sell, let, mortgage, dispose of or turn to account all or any of the property or assets of the association as may be thought expedient for the furtherance of its objectives.
11. To prosecute or defend, any suit before any Court or Tribunal as the Executive Council may deem necessary or expedient in the interest of the Association.
12. To borrow or raise money for the purpose of the Association on such terms and on such security (if any) as may be thought fit and to accept legacies, grants, donations or gifts for the furtherance of the objectives of the Association.
13. To invest the money of the Association not immediately required for its purposes in or upon such investments, security or property as may be thought fit by the Executive Council.
14. To do all or any of the above things in any part of the world whether as principals, agents, trustees or otherwise.
15. To do all such other lawful things as are in the opinion of the Association incidental or maybe thought conducive to the attainment of the above objectives or any of them.
16. To foster,expand production and improve the efficiency of seeds maize to advantage of members.
17. To provide information to its members and to the public in general on matters pertaining to production,efficiency and quality of Maize generally by such means as publications, conferences,seminars,workshops,exhibitions etc.
18. To provide facilities for and engage in the study of any inquiry and research into maize diseases, drugs and quality standards and all Maize problems generally and make known the result of such inquiry, examinations and research by publishing same through the appropriate media.
19. To establish and maintain a library and collection of literature,photographs,films and other materials relating to information and education in Maize farming science,farming and industry for the benefit of members.
20. To provide mechanization process and enhance technical aspect of our farmers activities